Your experience with PUBG Console will become much better with the latest update 6.1. Get ready to dive into PUBG Console Season 6 to explore brand new content and improvements. The most outstanding addition is the new map called Karakin which is an alternative to PUBG Vikendi. More than that, there are still further dangers, weapons, and features awaiting you ahead in PUBG Console 6. But before stepping into this update 6.1, you should have a look at the live maintenance schedules mentioned below:
- PST: January 17, 3:00 AM – The live server maintenance comes to its conclusion
- CET: January 17, 12:00 PM – The live server maintenance comes to its conclusion
- Region: NA
- Perspective: TPP
- Mode: Solo
- Map: Random (Karakin has a high chance to be picked by players than other maps)
Live Maintenance Schedule:
- PST: January 29, 10 PM – January 30, 1 AM
- CET: January 30, 7 AM – 10 AM
There is a chance for the live maintenance schedule to be altered. You will be informed if there are any changes made.
Information about the PTS (Public Test Server)
As a free private PUBG server for players that already purchased a copy of PUBG, the PTS (Public Test Server) lets players preview the forthcoming features easily. Make sure you already got a copy of the PUBG game before joining the test.
You are not allowed to bring your data, statistics, and other things from the test server to your live server account.
- You can find and download the “PUBG – Public Test Server” on the Microsoft Store or the ‘My Games and Apps’ menu.
- You can get access to the “PUBG – Public Test Server” in the ‘Purchased’ section of their Library.
New content, additions, and features in PUBG Console 6.1
New map: Karakin
Karakin is a brand new map in PUBG Console. It is known as an island that is far off the coast of Northern Africa with an area of 2×2 km. PUBG Karakin is a replacement for PUBG Vikendi. The new map brings a rocky environment, aridity, together with wide-open terrain that has challenging battles. Karakin is a mix of Miramar and Sanhok. There will be 64 players on this map!
Black Zone (Karakin Only)
Now, you can get access to the new risk – Black Zone in Karakin.
- The purpose of creating this risk is to force players to be out of the safety of a building.
- Black Zone is so random. For example, towns and compounds are not damaged, totally flattened and everything in between.
- The blend of buildings and ruins continue evolving throughout a battle. You don’t have to expect the building you move to for cover to be late in the battle.
- Whenever the siren is caught in your ears while you are still inside the purple circle, make sure you get out of it quickly.
New Throwable: Sticky Bomb (Karakin Only)
PUBG Breach Points are the new additions to make the siege play somewhat different. You can use Sticky Bombs to destroy Breach Points in Karakin.
- Breach points are available on some walls and floors. They can be destroyed by Sticky Bombs.
- This feature brings you more tools to use. If you are a camper, you can generate more sightlines or windows.
- If you are with a squad that usually attacks, you can use some new options to deal damage to the buildings.
- If you are an explorer, you can go find some secret areas hidden somewhere and loot some items while you are in those areas using a spare Sticky Bomb or two.
PUBG Karakin has some weakest walls that can accept the bullet penetration which is a new addition and makes your battle more thrilling. Through damaged drywall, you can totally see your opponents and decide to take the battle or regroup.
The developers of PUBG Console want to give the best experience to players possible. You should try the new content and let them know your thoughts!
Increased loot spawn for Karakin
A hotfix has been implemented by the developers in order to adjust the balance of the loot on the PUBG Karakin map after they have received your feedback during the testing stage and the first release of the map.
Karakin loot spawns have been rebalanced to ensure that players can collect items fast enough. It will be easy for you and your teammates to get more loot.
It was not great to get through a tunnel in every battle for loot. Therefore, the development team has decided to increase the spawn rate of healing, boost items and the scopes. This will help players get the loot easily. Also, you will feel comfortable to explore the Karakin map without thinking about getting through a tunnel to obtain enough loot to survive.
Don’t forget to share your thoughts with the developers and let them know your feedback on this loot spawn rebalance for Karakin.
Changes for Karakin
- Grown 2x, 3x, 4x scopes.
- Grown healing/boost items above ground.
- Adjusted the ratio of total SR/DMR muzzle attachments due to the increased spawn rate of those weapons.
- Lowered the number of melee weapons, canted sights, and magazine attachments.
- Annihilated Sawed-off from Karakin.
New Vehicle: Motor Glider
PUBG Console Season 6 also introduces a new vehicle to players – Motor Glider.
- Motor Glider is available on PUBG Erangel and PUBG Miramar.
- There will be two people sitting on this vehicle. One person pilots the vehicle while the other one will use any weapon from the backseat to shoot.
- Motor Glider shows up on around the map.
- Make sure you reach the speed of 65 km/h to take it off, then push down to speed it up (Xbox One: L-Stick / PS4: L3).
- After reaching 70 km/h, you will start taking off automatically.
- Depending on the engine speed, the rate of fuel consumption will be different. If you use more throttle, you will run out of fuel faster.
- When you see a Motor Glider on the map, you have to fuel it up before starting the engine.
- The sky is your limit! You will not get to any maximum altitude. But, when you get to a higher altitude, you will start losing some engine power.
- How to control PUBG Motor Glider:
- Direct the pitch and the roll of the vehicle using (Xbox One: L-Stick / PS4: L3)
- Adjust the throttle by holding (Xbox One: LT & RT / PS4: L2 & R2) buttons
- For handbrakes on the ground, you need to hold (Xbox One: Y / PS4: Triangle) buttons.
Survivor Pass: Shakedown
- It doesn’t matter if you buy Premium Pass or not, you can always join the battle with other players to fill the Community Accomplishment Gauge. Then, you will get some skin rewards and reveal the hidden story of Karakin.
- When you find collectibles on the Battlegrounds, you can make the mission gauge full quickly.
- You can loot one of the 3 different objects when finding and unlocking special Cardboard Boxes.
- Once you have picked up those objects, you will see them on the Community Mission Accomplishment Gauge like this:
- Disc piece: Counts as 1 point for Community Missions Goal.
- Broken disc: Counts as 2 points for Community Missions Goal.
- Old DVD: Counts as 3 points for Community Missions Goal.
- The achievement score and XP you have earned will be shown on the Community Mission tab and they will be corresponding to the individual contribution score.
- There are 3 tracks included in Season Missions.
- Each track will be out monthly, January, February, and March
- An amount of time left will be displayed on the locked tracks before they are unlocked.
- The updated season mission list can be checked by simply clicking R-Stick(Xbox)/R3(PS4) on the main menu.
- Season mission list UI shows up only once. By using use R-Stick(Xbox)/R3(PS4), and holding it, you can be redirected to News & Events banner web-link afterward.
- After you have completed Progression Missions, a huge amount of XPs will be sent to you.
- Track 1 and 2 both offer a set of 8 missions. The mission’s difficulty will be increased for all players.
- Track 3 has a set of 10 missions. Also, the difficulty for every mission is grown gradually for the players with the Premium Pass.
- You will get milestones done when you have achieved a set of goal related to daily, weekly, and challenge missions.
- For instance: End 70 total daily missions.
- Some designated weapons are required for completing some challenging missions in PUBG Console 6.1
- Weapon lists:
- Skorpion (Handgun)
- Win94 (SR)
- QBZ (AR)
- AKM (AR)
- QBU (DMR)
Achieve Level-up items for the Next Season
- The level-up items for the subsequent season will be achieved as a premium pass mission reward.
- These items are rewards and not available in the market. They will be triggered when the subsequent season (PUBG Season 7) starts.
- Level-up Items in the Survivor Pass List:
- 5 Levels coupon x2
- 1 Level coupon x5
Survival Title System
- At the beginning of Season 6, you will receive rewards for Survivor Title System Season 5.
- A soft reset will be done for your SP, and your performance in PUBG Season 5 will be added up to your beginning SP in Season 6.
Improved gameplay in PUBG Console 6.1
Made an improve to firing mode change
- You can set second firing mode for AR, and SMG weapons using a new option that has just been added to the game. There are 3 firing modes, including Single, Burst, and Auto.
- The selected weapon will set as single automatically in case it has no auto mode after you have set auto as first and single as second preferences.
- AR spawn amount got increased by 20%
- Gas Can and Handgun spawns got lessened a bit.
- Developed the general loot spawned by 22%.
- Developed the total number of ARs by more 22%.
- Therefore, the total number of ARs shown up on Miramar is 44% higher than before.
Featured + Others (3 Random maps)
- Karakin is the new map in PUBG Console 6.1 and it is a replacement for Vikendi (But you can still play Vikendi in custom battles).
- Featured map: Karakin
- Others: Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok
- The featured map can be disabled if the matchmaking time takes too long. After that, the featured map will turn into all random map selection.
- On the end of the game screen, you will see your PUBG ID.
- Known Issue: The character model cannot be seen on PUBG ID.
- The PUBG ID of a player can still be seen as you observe them.
- There is the “PASS” menu in the main lobby now.
- Also, Vehicle Adv. tab is accessible on the controller guide page to provide you with more crucial information on some vehicles.
- DLCs are not visible on the Add-Ons Tab in the STORE.
- “Cheating” category has been attached as an option. You use it when you want to report someone.
Renewed Gun Handling Sounds
- Made an enhancement to reload and weapon changing sound effects.
- Carried out the detailed expressions of the collar of the clothes, and the weapon attachments were strengthened through the reload action.
Sound division following the mechanical properties of the weapon throughout aiming/scoping
- The level of trembling sound in weapon’s attachments details is different based on the weapon type in Aiming/Scoping.
- There are two types of sounds: Handgun and non-handgun. The handgun doesn’t have much more trembling or non-attachment detailed sounds than the non-handguns.
Vaulting Sounds Improvement
- Detailed expressions on objects, like hand-to-body contact, collar-to-shoulder squeaks, etc. were much improved throughout vaulting.
- When you vault, sound outputs will be suitable for the material (Concrete, Metal, Wood).
Vikendi Sound Effect Balance Change
- There was a reduction in the volume of wind sound effect in the moonlight.
- There was a reduction in duration, volume, and sound radius of Black Zone sirens.
- There was a reduction in explosion volume and frequency of Black Zones.
- There was a reduction in volume and sound radius of Care Package planes.
The features as mentioned below are all added to all PUBG console devices
- Dynamic resolution
- Modify the screen resolution based on the performance to remain a stable framerate.
- The toggle option for turning on/off the feature will be included in a future patch.
- Sharpen Post Processing
- Offers clearer visuals.
- Ground Truth Ambient Occlusion (GTAO)
- Creates more realistic shadows.
World Origin Shift
- Made an optimization to the world location calculating process to lessen the happening of hitching.
SKINS & ITEMS
As soon as PUBG Console Update 6.1 comes to live servers, you will get access to these items:
- 5 Golden Dragon skins
- 4 Golden Phoenix skins
- 9 Seollal skins
- Added PUBG -Supply Pack: Season 6 ($9.99)
- 1,600 G-Coin
- Hipster Jean Jacket
- Hipster Skinny Jeans
- Hipster Canvas Shoes
- Survivor Pass: Shakedown
- 5 Levels
- Karakin Head Wrap
- Jamila Diamondback Top
- Jamila Diamond Leg Pants
- Jamila Kontra Shoes
- Made a fix to a problem in which the camera view is played in the wrong place when you switch seat to driver’s seat throughout ADS.
- Made a fix to a problem in which M249 ironsight was shown inaccurately.
- Made a fix to a problem in which hold option for prone is not functioning right.
- Made a fix to a problem in which the upper body of the character would be shown wrongly after a throwable has been used while sitting on the backseat of a motorbike on FPP.
- Fixed a bug in which the overhead UI of the character is not lined up with the character model.
- Fixed a bug in which the helmet armed on Customize is seen on the head of the character on PUBG ID.
- Fixed a bug in which handgun size is shown wrongly on the Last Match screen.
- Fixed a bug in which the inventory was not ordered accurately.
- Fixed a bug in which the inventory text was not shown when it was turned on.
- Fixed a bug in which the ambient noise is louder than planned in some weather types on Vikendi.
Skins & Items
- Addressed a bug in which Tommy Gun skin texture is shown wrongly.
- Addressed a bug in which the lower body would be shown wrongly when wearing certain PGI skins on a male character.
- Fixed a problem in which you could not engage in the custom match session if you say yes to the custom match invite before starting PUBG.
- You can take part in the custom match normally if you say yes to an invite while PUBG is active.
- This issue will be addressed as soon as possible.